modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, August 13, 2015 @ 10:17 pm
Procrastination, Be Gone!

Dear Blogger,

The group assignment is still outstanding. I just don't know what it is with the computer at home. Every time I switched it on to work on my assignment, I spent hours on Pinterest instead! I've gotten my work to-dos done as scheduled, but every time I get home, I just can't seem to stick to my task list. Ironically, I'd be browsing Pinterest for ways to stop procrastinating. It's ridiculous I know!





Here's my own trying-and-testing ways to stop procrastinating, inspired by Real Simple's guide to How to Stop Procrastinating, taken from Pinterest of course.

Do the worst thing first
I've been trying to do this for over 2 weeks already! But, perseverance will reap rewards.

Make the job smaller
Break the task into smaller tasks, but no need to be so anal about it.

Write the task down and set a timer!
Writing makes abstract things seem concrete. Setting a time frame to the task also makes it more measurable.

Reward thyself after checking off the task
To put a tick against the task is already a reward in itself, but indulge yourself. Just be careful not to overdo it. Online shopping, I'm looking at you.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels:


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS