modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, August 15, 2015 @ 10:39 pm
Macchiato and Aching Feet

Dear Blogger,

It has been a long day. My feet are aching from hours of standing. I have blisters on my right foot even though I wore socks with my slip on shoes. I'm just not as young as I used to be. I'm beginning to feel the signs of aging.

My day started like any other working day. I had seminar class on project management today. Saturdays are not meant to be studying heavy subjects. Saturdays are not meant for studying at all!

I thought I'd come early so I could grab a grande skinny caramel macchiato at the campus Starbucks. It opened at 8am and I arrived 10 minutes later. But the queue had reached the door at the other end! Patience is a virtue, and although I came to class 10min late, the caramel macchiato tasted like heavenly reward for attending class on Saturday morning.

Ran some errands after class, and when I reached home, it was almost 3pm. At 5pm, I had to go to work for till 9pm. It's all because my preschool had participated in the town's "Learning Carnival". But I have to say that the turnout was good. That was why I've been standing for hours. Manning a booth in a community event is not for the weak.

Besides the exhaustion, I've learnt that free movie screenings are very popular among heartlanders. The town I'm living in has organised countless movie screenings, mostly outdoor, and they are all well-received!

I remember being in charge of movie screenings for school events during polytechnic days. Back then, you can't just bring movies in hard disks. They came in large laser discs, and they can be quite heavy if you have several titles to screen. Screening "Armageddon" in the school's theatre gave me my biggest turnout. Boy those were the days.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS