modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, January 22, 2015 @ 10:53 pm
Hanging Out With My Baby

Dear Blogger,

Today, I spent some time with the little one before we fetched his older siblings from childcare. We went to Parkland Green, that new chillax enclave at East Coast Park. I'm not sure if the establishment is managed by NParks or a private company, but who cares as long as there are ample free parking. Free parking is like an endangered species in Singapore.

There are several F&B places to wine and dine or simply drink coffee while reading a book (or doing your homework). None that is halal-certified though. Not that I know of anyway. There are also sports shops that major in skateboards, skate scooters and bicycles. There is also a laser tag play area that seems to be popular with secondary school boys.

At first I thought I just want to chill at Starbucks. It's having a 1-for-1 promotion from 3pm to 7pm. Since Imran was way too young to be drinking coffee, I thought I might as well check out what Parkland Green has to offer.

We found Pick Me Up Cafe next to Killeney Cafe. It's not as cheesy as it sounds. It's got a nice family-friendly vibe; probably the small children's slide and rocking horses gave me that vibe. It's a typical cafe with cakes, coffee, sandwiches and salads. I was going to order the chocolate cake but I was swayed by the variety of yogurt gelato that was on display. Good choice! Healthy and delicious!

But best of all, it was the time I get to spend with Imran. He was kind of feeling lonely ever since his second sister went off to childcare this year. He only has the maid and my father-in-law to give him attention. That's why he's always excited to see me home.

I could see he enjoyed the time spent with me too. He didn't need the stroller. We just walked and walked. I carried him sometimes but he walked most of the time. He didn't ask for his milk bottle and he didn't throw tantrum. I think he knew he's having his mommy's attention all to himself.

You know. These are the moments where you can't recreate. If you miss it, you miss it. No turning back. I'm glad I made the right decision to work half-day. I didn't need to be a full-time working mom anyway. It's a pity that Ipy can't share these moments with me. But that's the sacrifice he has to make so that I can enjoy these moments. That's life my dear husband.



Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS