modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, January 26, 2015 @ 9:52 pm
Going The Extra Mile

Dear Blogger,

Today, I did something good. Something that most people in my profession would consider too much of a hassle. Today, I went the extra mile (the GEMS course I attended wasn't wasted).

What happened was, two of my students brought home each other's school bags. They only realised it when they were on their way home. I found out about it when they have already reached home.

Now, most teachers would just take note and be more attentive next time. Not me. I felt that being the class teacher, it was my responsibility to ensure that my students brought home their own bags. My conscience kept bugging me to go to their homes and swap their bags. I could have just ignored my conscience but who am I kidding. My conscience would have nagged me to my grave.

So I contacted their parents, apologised and told them that I will come over and exchange their bags for them. Luckily for me, the students didn't live too far away from each other. Even luckier for me, I have a car.

At the end of it all, the parents were thankful and I was happy. Not for any rewards or commendation. I'm happy for doing the right thing.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS