modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, March 03, 2014 @ 10:46 pm
Back to Work, the Oscars and Benedict

Dear Blogger,

After sixteen weeks of maternity leave, I was back at work today. It was hectic and crazy, but I was mentally prepared for it. Although my Chinese co-teacher was on holiday for two weeks, life at work was still manageable.

I was so busy trying to meet the time-table and getting the class back into my system, that I didn't really have the chance to sit down and rest. I didn't realise that till I started feeling the aches on my knees when I got home and rested on the sofa. I think I'm getting old.

It just so happened that today was also Oscars day. Normally, if I missed the live telecast, I'd be able to catch the repeat, or I could even catch some live reporting on the internet, via eonline.com. But today, forget about it. Even when I got home, there was no chance for me to just sit down and watch the television. My children were going to catch my attention one way or another, so I'd only get frustrated if I tried to watch the Oscars.

Still, congratulations to the winners, although I've yet to watch any of the their movies. "Gravity"? Missed that in the cinema. "American Hustle"? Missed that too. "12 Years A Slave"? Was it even in the cinemas? I read that Benedict Cumberbatch was in it. I know. For a supposed "cumberbitch", I should know that.

Talking about Benedict Cumberbatch, I missed Sherlock's Season 3 debut on AXN last Thursday night. Although I managed to catch the repeat on Sunday, I really couldn't enjoy the show with all the ruckus my children were making that day. It was awfully frustrating!

Oh Benedict... Isn't he a hottie? *drool*

I was sleepy by 8pm, but I'm forcing to stay up till midnight. I thought if I were to sleep in early this week, my body clock would be messed up again the new term starts next week. With evening classes twice a week, do you think I could sleep in early? Don't think so.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS