modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, February 20, 2014 @ 11:54 pm
Money No Enough

Dear Blogger,

I've just submitted my last assignment for this semester. Yey! I have one last online quiz to do, which I hope to do tomorrow. Learning feels great when you are not pressured by money or grades. Maybe I've said this before. I'm not going to stress myself out with the grades. I'm just going to learn what I can and enjoy this four-year journey.

It seems that I'm not the only one in the family who's pursuing further studies. My brother and sister are also taking their Bachelors. I'm not sure where and I'm not bother to ask. What I'm bothered about is why my sister who's supposedly on some local bursary or financial aid, asked me for a loan to pay her school fees. I don't mind helping out because I know how stressful it was to study when the Finance Office kept badgering you to pay the school fees.

I do mind at the circumstances however. To be honest, I didn't think about it until my brother pointed it out. Now I wonder if I should have lent her $1,500. Nobody lent me that kind of my money when I was studying for my degree back then. Then again, I didn't have a sibling who was financially secure. Anyway, I hope my faith in her isn't broken. I really hope she's using that money to pay her school fees.

When I told this to my mom, as usual, she made it to be about her. I don't understand how she could make everything about her. I think she has come to a stage where finding excuses not to change things have become her wall she doesn't want to knock down. And she wonders why none of her children want to talk to her. I just hope I don't grow to become her.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS