modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 @ 10:52 pm
Leave Or Don't Leave?

Dear Blogger,

I've just finished formatting three weeks worth of lesson plans today. Sometimes I wonder what the coordinator at central curriculum is doing. Some of the lesson plans I get are really crap! Whoever approved these lessons are sure not doing her job. I've already feedback that if I'm going to spend so much time just reviewing and formatting the lesson plans, I may as well plan them myself. Isn't the whole point of a central curriculum is to have a common curriculum for all centres? Thus, we expect a vetted copy of the lesson plans, not a draft.

I mean, don't you just hate it when a teacher writes an awful report filled with spelling and grammatical errors? A teacher for God's sake! Have high standards will you! Another thing that I hate most is badly prepare presentation slides. I've seen trainers presenting slides that literally made me want to redo their slides. At this day and age, not know how to work around Office is not an excuse!

I have one more week left of my maternity leave. I have to say, I am not looking forward so much to returning to work. Already as it is, I have been doing some work at home such as my class' lesson plans. My principal contacts me like I have never gone on leave. Why did I let that happen? What was it that I was trying to prove?

I am three-quarter done with my first year of study. I still have this question in my head if I really want to pursue Early Childhood as a career. Already, I know people who just came to the industry and already left the industry. I always have issues about leaving. I am one of those people who will stay at a place for life. I'm not one to change too often, unless I get fired. The whole job search/interview process is awfully daunting to me. Besides, I'm not even three years into the job. If I quit now, it won't look good on my resume.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels:


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS