modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, January 17, 2014 @ 9:51 pm
Marriage and Fairness

Dear Blogger,

I am awfully pissed with my husband for renegading on our agreement. The agreement was that when it's his off-month, then he'll have to do his part at home. That's why I allowed him to go back offshore on a fixed rotation.

This month is his off-month. He was supposed to sending and fetching the kids from school, fixed whatever that needs fixing at home and take care of the kids. But he went off on "training" in Vietnam for over a week. I can't help but feel cheated.

He could have opted to go for this "training" on his working month, but he said he needed the extra cash. Personally, I don't care what the reason is, but if he's supposed to be here at home, then he better be here at home.

It's just not fair to dump four kids on me and not lose my sanity along the way. Sure, he gives me plenty of allowances but it's not about the money. I am never about the money. It's about me getting the short end of the stick.

It just doesn't seem fair that I have to manage the kids and house and expect to have a job. I do have a job! One that I'm committed to! So much so that I was willing to take on extra load on my already full plate when I signed up for the degree programme at UniSIM!

He can whine and complain all he wants about how tough his job is; travelling, lugging tools etc etc etc but he's not with the kids half of the year! Whereas I have a job, a demanding job, AND I am a mother of four children! He has the nerve to say he misses the kids when he's offshore. If he miss the kids that much, then why the hell did he go offshore???

I don't even have time to do the things that I like. I have to get pregnant and rush doing those things that I've been meaning to do during my maternity leave, which coincidentally is getting shorter and shorter. That's not fair and I've been given shit.



Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , , , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS