modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 @ 3:45 pm
The Madness of Queen M

Dear Blogger,

Two of my eldest weren't in child care today because one had fever and colds, the other has cough and runny nose. So I took them to their paediatrician in the morning. Surprisingly, the clinic wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. It usually is. Probably most of the patients are on holiday.

The paediatrician isn't cheap but her medicines are effective, especially for my eldest son. We came home with a big bag of bottled medicine and a big hole in my pocket. The medicines are the usual; Augmentin (antibiotic), Salbutamol (runny nose), Promethazine (cough) and Walesolone (wheezing cough). If there's one medicine that my children need, it's a good dose of sedative. Kidding! But it wouldn't hurt...

I am just going bonkers with all my children in the house in daytime. Night time isn't so bad because there's always bedtime to look forward to. But in the day, time is much longer. All my ECE (early childhood education) training doesn't prepare me for the chaos that my children produce and I suspect, relish. Sometimes I think they are purposely trying to set me off to the cuckoo nest.

It is said that orderliness is by nature and can also be nurtured. I am orderly by nature. I am seriously puzzled as to why none of my children inherited that trait from me! They all seem to have inherited the disorganised, messy, I-don't-need-to-clean-up trait from their father! I've lost already. My stress level is permanently high in this family.


Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS