modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, December 16, 2013 @ 11:44 pm
Children and Contraceptives

Dear Blogger,

You thought I had forgotten about you huh? I haven't. Blogging has been at the back of my mind since the last update in when? April this year? Work has been taking up a lot of my mind.

Now that I've delivered my fourth child (yes, fourth! In a span of 5 years), I can finally sit down and continue where I left off. Does it surprise you that I only have the time and energy to blog when I'm on maternity leave. Don't think so.

Blogger should come up with a mobile version because everyone is on social media via mobile devices. Blogger, do you hear me? Oh wait! It does. It's basically posting a blog by email through your mobile device. That's not what I want. Oh wait again! There's Blogger for iPhone? That's a crappy app.

Anyway, today I went to see my gynaecologist hopefully for the last time. The last time for pregnancy issues that is. Everything's OK in there. Once again, I had to endure her emphasis on contraceptives. Not that I don't care. I just feel like why should I be the one to have something up my uterus or in my blood system as birth control? All men have to do is put on a rubber sock! Why can't women have it that simple?

So what does it feel to be mother of four children? It's not for the faint-hearted I tell you. You need to be really secure and stable to put up with the madness. The environment has to be good and safe too to raise these children. I wouldn't dream of having children at all if I don't have any of these. It just would not be fair to the children!

I don't know how some couples planned to have children either. Hubby and I didn't have time to plan. All of our children just... happened. Not to call them accidents. I think family planning has its downside. Its success depends on one important factor, HIM. You know, the one almighty. It doesn't matter if you're an atheist. No science can explain why some women conceive, while other similarly capable ones don't.

I don't know how many children God intended for us. I would like to be positive and say that I've done my part. Let others get their blessings too.

My precious youngest

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS