modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 @ 11:04 pm
The Sudden Need To Shelve

Dear Blogger,

Today I woke up early, planning to do some work which I've delayed since I got sick. I had my day all planned out, even to the nitty gritty detail. But, as you know, we can only plan. God and other factors determine our actions.

I only managed to complete my Arabic homework, which I'm very proud of. It took me close to two hours, but I'm getting quite confident in my Arabic language competency. After that, all that I have planned for went down the garbage.

I got distracted by the sudden need to have some shelves installed. Of course I didn't have any spare shelves in hand, so I thought of going to IKEA. Before I could go to IKEA, I had to look through its catalogue which we always keep, just in case. The catalogue didn't help much, so hubby said we needed to go to the store to see its collection. We planned to go when the children were taking their afternoon nap. But of course, hubby had to take his afternoon nap too.

So while everyone else was asleep, I had the urge to bake cookies. Something easy to make yet satisfying and also healthy. Thought of oatmeal cookies. I had oatmeal. I had raisins too. I had all the ingredients needed to make oatmeal raisin cookies. Then, I thought aren't there any oatmeal raisin cookie recipes without butter? Of course there are! Leave it to Google to find what I wanted.

By the time I finished baking cookies, it was close to 5pm. Then I remembered we ran out of goldfish food! The poor fishes haven't eaten the whole day! Doubt the neighbourhood pet shop would be opened since it was still Chinese New Year holiday. It would be opened next week by the way. We read the notice on its shutters as we walked past later in the evening. So I decided to go to Giant. Could do with some grocery shopping I thought. This was even though I knew the shelves would be near empty.

The whole troop made our way to Giant. It was crowded as expected. Goodbye to planned stopover at IKEA. At Giant, even though I barely got half of the items in my grocery list, it still cost me close to a hundred dollars. I told you my grocery budget is a lot! By the time we reached home, it was about 8pm.

Then we decided to have dinner at one of the neighbourhood eatery. I don't know why I chose to eat even though I wasn't hungry. It's just one of those things where you know you shouldn't do it, but you just had to do it. I ordered sizzling mushroom steak. At least, no carbo right? Besides, I walked while carrying 9kg infant at Giant for two hours. MyFitnessPal said I lost 554 cal doing just that. Also, protein is important in weight loss. Sizzling mushroom steak justified!

Now I'm here blogging when I should be sleeping. Planned to wake up super early to finish some overdue work. Planned! If God wills! There should be a ban on starting the work week in midweek!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS