modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 @ 11:53 pm
Nurturing Children and Financial Investments

Dear Blogger,

I should blog more regularly because I think my husband still reads my blogs. Doesn't matter. I'm a satisfied woman now. I'm not going to dish out all the dirty details but let's just say that he's pretty exhausted now. We haven't done it more than once in 24 hours ever since we got married!

Anyway, I've been spending a lot for my class and I'm not claiming reimbursement. I know some of my colleagues and other teachers out there think I'm being stupid for not using the school's resources. It's not that I don't want to use the school's resources. It's just that the school's resources are quite limited.

Just like my own children, can't blame me for being proud of the children in my class. If me spending my hard-earned money on my lessons and class organisation, then isn't it a good thing? I see my children happy and proud of their work as well as wanting to come to school early, then I'm happy too.

Nurturing children shouldn't be about financial investments. There shouldn't be a value stamped on their heads. They are not objects we can barter. The only investments we can put on them is our love and knowledge. I hope I am doing those.

Besides, I'm living a good and blessed life now. I shouldn't be too calculative in my work life, although the organisation does owe me some money. As the charities always say, giving is better than receiving. In fact, when you give more, you actually receive more! You won't receive the money that you gave. You will receive something much much more than what money could buy.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

Labels: , , ,


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS