modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 @ 10:48 pm

Dear Blogger,

I heard a very interesting and hilarious discussion on Ria 89.7FM this afternoon. It was about men and saying "I love you" to their wives/girlfriends generously. This is one of those topics that could be discussed forever and anyone who participates is a non-certified expert.

Hearing all those men trying to explain themselves why such declarations of love are as difficult as lifting their fingers in household chores was both hilarious and insightful. A common reason given was that to say "I love you" often was deemed "unmanly" for men. Another common reason was that it dilutes the value of the declaration.

As for me, saying "I love you" does not equate doing things for me because you love me. In fact, I get squirmish when such words are said to me! Anyone who's ever in a relationship with me knows that it's rare for me to utter those words. Even in writing its rare! I'm an "action speaks louder than words" kind of girl.

Not that I don't ever want to hear it. Once in awhile it ok. There are occasions when I don't wish to hear it. Like during sex. How cliché is that??? It's one of those things that what may look or sound good in movies need not be true in real life. There are moments, magical moments, when those words will be said naturally. I can't define those moments because if I could, they wouldn't be magical would it?

So men, don't worry if you can't say "I love you" as often as your wives/girlfriends want to hear them. Not all women need to hear those words. Love comes in many languages and I'm not just referring to verbal. My love language is acts of service (action). Others could be words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts or physical touch.

That is why I get very suspicious and cynical when men say those words to me so liberally. Are these Casanovas sincere or just paying lip service. Of course not all women are like me. Ipy always says if all women are like me, the world will be even crazier.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS