modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, January 23, 2012 @ 10:36 am

Dear Blogger,

Is it me or does my family have a habit of going-to-the-hospital-sick during public holidays or long weekends? I have lost count of how many times I've wasted my precious hours at the hospital because one of my family members had high fever or broken leg or some illness that requires A&E attention.

Why can't they get themselves admitted on working days? Do you know how small the workforce is at the hospital on public holidays? Do you know that the workforce is even smaller during Chinese New Year (CNY) holidays??? Waiting time is already unbearably long on normal days but on CNY, time does not even exist!

Some of my international readers may argue that hospital waiting time in Singapore isn't as bad as in their countries, but that's what makes Singapore SINGAPORE isn't it? We're supposed to be efficient and effective. The fact that we are not as populous as other countries should make living and services here more efficient.

I don't know what's wrong with my brother this time. I'm more appalled at the attention he's getting from my mother. It took her one week to finally send my dad to the hospital who had high fever. The result of that delay caused my dad another leg. It only took her a few hours to send my brother to the hospital who had mid to high fever. Is there bias to her love or am I just imagining things?

I am getting agitated. I hate waiting. There are a thousand and one things I want to do and some of them I need to do. I can't do them because I'm here at A&E waiting for any doctor to make it out of bed. Ridiculous!

Sincerely,
modgurl.


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS