modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, September 02, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

Dear Blogger,

I feel that this year's Hari Raya Aidilfitri or Eid-ul-Fitr or Lebaran (it has so many names) isn't as celebratory as in previous years. Do you feel it too? Maybe because the day falls on a Tuesday, smack in the middle of a working week. Maybe it's the air of recession gloom warned by every Minister worth listening to. Maybe it's just me, who is tired with 2 children, a job and a teaching diploma to complete. Whatever the reason is, I'm not feeling the festive air.

I've been unproductive since Hari Raya. It felt like years since I lived a couch potato life. It felt nice to not do anything. But me being me, I felt guilty at the end of the day for not being productive. I do have an assignment to do and it's due on Monday! Procrastination has gotten over me.

So Dr Tony Tan won. Not my first choice but life goes on. Nobody expects him or any of the other candidates to produce any wonders to the economy. That's not his job. That's the government's job. Will we have another election in 4 years? I hope so.

Sincerely,
modgurl.


back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS