modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, August 13, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

Dear Blogger,

We've completed the 3rd day of Ramadan. I've been so busy with my daily duties that before I knew it, it's time to break fast. that's a good thing. I don't want to be one of those people who waits anxiously for maghrib azan to sound. I guess waking up close to noon helps too.

This Ramadan, I'm determined to fulfil as many prayers as I could. I'm also motivated to finish reciting the Quran before the end of Ramadan. I've just started on surah Al-Imran. That's good because usually by now, I would still be reading surah Al-Baqarah.

Ipy and I agreed to take turns to go for terawih prayers. We tried bringing Sarah along on the first night. She got bored after Isya' and went walkabout while we were praying. I was so worried that she was disturbing the congregration that I didn't think my prayers that night was valid.

Sarah is at that age when she won't keep still. Everything to her seems exciting and worth exploring. That's admirable because as we get older, we lose that sense of adventure. If only Sarah cleans up the mess afterwards...

Last National Day weekend, we drove up to KL for the double purpose of a getaway and Hari Raya shopping. Ipy was lucky. He got his baju melayu set at unbelievable prices! Shirt, pants AND kain samping at only RM89! He bought a couple more baju because they were ridiculously affordable.

I wasn't so lucky. Firstly, I couldn't find the colour to match Ipy's. Even if I did, it didn't have much size. The designers didn't think that pregnant women need something nice to wear for Hari Raya too. I found a long dress that was pretty and fit me, but it wasn't the colour I was looking for. Also, it was beyond my budget. Ipy saw how much I liked it and he bought it for me, on credit, even though I told him not to.

Sarah too got her baju for raya. 2 sets in fact! It's difficult to find baju kurung her size but we found it, at first glance. They were half the price at Joo Chiat Complex too!

So we're almost done with Hari Raya shopping. I know Ipy cannot resist the lure of the bazaar at Geylang. Based on the preview last Sunday, the products weren't exactly cheap and the quality questionable. The range of products were also disappointing. Has anyone seen the Hari Raya lights? Is anyone impressed by it? The last time I was awestruck by it was when I was in kindergarten!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS