modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 @ 8:23 am

Dear Blogger,

Yes, yes. Another lapse in my blogging. Not intentional though. I've been busy managing my dad's healthcare now that his peritoneal dialysis has started. The whole of last week, I've spent whole days at the Peritoneal Dialysis Centre (PDC) at SGH for training. The training itself was easy. It was just the time spent there with my mom, my dad and Sarah that was very exhausting.

The initial plan was for Ipy and my mom to take several days leave from work to babysit Sarah while my dad and I attend the training. At the last minute, my mom announced that she had taken a week off from work so that she too could attend training! Since we couldn't get a babysitter so soon, I had to bring Sarah along although Ipy and I thought it was a bad idea.

On the second day, I suffered from a viral infection i.e. common cold. It may be common, but it's a terrible condition to have because I felt moody, sickly and inconvenient. Since I couldn't trust my mom at PDC, I still attended training. Dropped by the polyclinic at the SGH campus before training. I wouldn't have gone to a polyclinic if I could but this was an emergency!

Basically, I was stretched thin last week. My responsibilities didn't take any time off after the day ended. I still had to do housework. I still had tuition to conduct. I was still wife and mommy. So you could imagine my inflation when Friday ended.

Normalcy is slowly creeping back into my life. I welcome it! I like routine as much as I like a good chocolate cake. With routine, one doesn't need to think so much about what to do. It's all automatic.

Still feeling the exhaustion though. The hot and humid weather (and El Nino) didn't help reduce the exhaustion. For several weeks, I've showered 2-3 times in a day and changed the bed and pillow sheets every week because of sweaty nights.

So THANK GOD that at 5 o'clock this morning, I was pleasantly awoken by the sound of thunder and the pitter patter of rain drops. Hope this signals the end of the El Nino phenomenon. By the way, why is it called a phenomenon when it happens every 5-7 years???

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS