modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, March 22, 2010 @ 8:24 pm

Dear Blogger,

I am so in need of a holiday. I was envious of people of went on holidays over the long Chinese New Year break. Looks like I'll feel deprived again now that Good Friday is just around the corner.

If only my siblings would help look after my dad. Since the last family meeting, I have yet to receive any form of contribution from them even though they have said they will. Even within families, black and whites are necessary to avoid misunderstandings. Next time maybe I'll bring in a lawyer too!

You know what? I'm really tired of this issue. I wish we could settle this once and for all instead of going over this issue again and again. It's so unproductive!

My dad is looking better since I took control of his healthcare. With the dialysis, he even has his colour back! Previously, he was always looking pale and tired. Now, he can even sit up on his own and laugh at AB Sheikh's lame jokes on radio. He likes AB Sheikh.

Not that I'm blowing my own horn. Honestly speaking, I am proving to my mother that if she had given my dad proper care all these years, his health would not have deteriorated this much. He shouldn't even go blind! The fact that she's still in denial over the state of his condition seals my point.

Over the weekend, Sarah had high fever. Ipy took her to the paediatric clinic on Saturday morning. By then, her fever had dropped to just under 38 degrees. So no tests were done.

That night however, her temperature went up again to 39 degrees. So, we immediately took her to KKH A&E. The doctor didn't do much either. We were left to sponge her on our own while waiting for her to pee so we could collect some urine samples.

We got to the A&E at 2am. She didn't pee till 6am. When her temperature hit 40 degrees, I thought she'd be warded or something. But the doctor said we could go home because the urine test proved negative. I asked, "That's it???". No jabs even? I could have just ordered more paracetemol from her paediatrician and did all the sponging at home!

Sarah's fever has gone down but she's still not well yet. We've been monitoring her temperature every hour and feeding her paracetemol every 4 hours. It's strenuous work because Sarah has learnt to shut her mouth whenever we try to feed her medicine. Clever girl!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS