modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, January 18, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

Dear Blogger,

My dad has been in the hospital for 6 days already and some of his children has yet to visit him! I'm already feeling the effects of the daily shuttling from home to SGH. This hospital is really a sick building.

My dad was admitted right after his outpatient appointment last Wednesday because his doctor detected fluids in his lungs. When I arrived at the clinic, he was already wasn't looking too good! He was gasping for oxygen like a fish suffocating in the water.

Although my mother didn't like my dad to be admitted, I went ahead with it. His health is more important than personal inconveniences. He was already looking so sick so how can he not be admitted?!

There are just too many things wrong with my family. First and foremost, their priorities are twisted. Secondly, they've underestimated the seriousness of the case. Lastly, they've forgotten who they are.

My dad is looking stable now. He's undergone an emergency dialysis to remove the fluids in his lungs. So the dialysis has already started and it's permanent.

My family being what it is has made my dad worry so much that he refused to go for anymore dialysis. As stubborn as he is, I'm more stubborn and I'm more aware of the situation. He shouldn't be worrying about the costs. His children should be working that out!

For almost a week, I have cracked my brain to come up with favourable solutions. All the solutions led to my brothers coming in to pitch in. I can't afford to pay $1,800 a month for dialysis on my own! That's why my parents had 5 children so ALL of us can share the responsibility equally!

Like I've said. There are just so many things wrong with my family. I am so drained thinking of ways to get my brothers involved. I think getting bulls to cooperate is so much easier than getting self-centred siblings to come together.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS