modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, January 24, 2010 @ 1:37 am

Dear Blogger,

I haven't visited my dad at the hospital for 2 days because I've flu. I don't want to be sicker or infect those patients with the virus. Just doing my part as a responsible citizen.

I wonder how my dad is doing. I haven't received any calls from his doctors or nurses or even the social worker. He needs to go for dialysis now and it seems everyone is waiting for somebody to the go ahead!

I've met the social worker last Wednesday and I didn't like what she was suggesting. I know money is tight and dialysis isn't cheap. I know she meant well too, citing the patient as her main concern. Still, I can't just let my father's health deteriorate when I know I can still do something about it!

My father is not even 60. I am very sure it's not his time yet. So who am to play God by determining how long he can live? So instead of dwelling on the care and financial issues (which don't seem to be settled anytime soon), let's all take this opportunity to fulfill our filial duties.

All it takes is a little cooperation from everybody and the solution to all related problems will reveal itself. I seriously believe that! That cooperation itself is the first mountaneous obstacle that we have to overcome.

It's my last weekend of my 29th year. The last weekend of being 20-something. I was hoping to celebrate my 30th birthday with a big bang. With the way things are going, that doesn't seem likely. It's most likely that everyone will forget my birthday, except for my husband of course. He's not allowed to forget my birthdays and anniversaries.

To be honest, I'm not ready to be 30. A 30-year-old woman can't have the same fun as a 20-year-old without inviting nasty glares or vicious gossips. Not an Asian woman at least. Not that I'm ever going to dance on the bar top or slither on the strip pole. Still, things will be different.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS