modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 @ 11:02 pm

Dear Blogger,

I'm supposed to blog about our trip to KL but I've been so preoccupied with the game apps on Facebook that I've completely procrastinated on doing everything else! Those things are addictive! I'm blogging via mobile phone now. I can't play Facebook apps on mobile.

Sarah is developing about 1.5 months ahead of the average child. That's according to the development checklist in her health booklet. I don't know if her advancement is good or bad. A part of me doesn't want her to grow up too fast. It still feels like it was only yesterday that I was carrying her around in my womb!

She had her second vaccination this morning. She didn't cry nor developed any fever this time round. Most likely because this 5-in-1 vaccination didn't hurt as much as the pneumococcal one.

We learnt about the "tired cry" today. For several days, Sarah has been crying the house down in the evenings. We thought she had wind. Even after massages and feedings, she was still crying. Her doctor said she was just tired. It's the 4-month-old babies' way of telling us that they're tired. He advised us not to overstimulate Sarah a couple of hours before bedtime.

That isn't easy for Ipy. By the time he comes home from work, it's almost always a couple of hours away from Sarah's bedtime. Not to overstimulate her means not being able to play with her. That was why Sarah usually behaves better when he's away.

Ipy wants another child soon. Partly because he doesn't want to be too old to raise children. Also, partly because he misses the joy of having a newborn.

I don't want to rain on his parade here, but I'm not a baby factory. It's easy for him to say he wants another baby. He's not the one going through the pregnancy madness. He's also not the one tending to the children three-quarters of the day.

I do want another child but I have to listen to my body too. At the moment, it's too tired to even get laid. There is a time for everything. Good things will come to those who wait. Clich├ęd sayings. I don't like to say it's not the right time because there is never the right time so I'll just say I'm not ready.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

ps I'll blog about KL another day.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS