modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, October 22, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

Dear Blogger,

Have you ever felt like you're in a rut? A marriage rut to be more specific. I am feeling it right now. Oh yeah. I am definitely in a marriage rut.

Sarah is great and all. At times, she tests my patience but she's a baby! What do babies know! It's a learning experience for both of us.

But it's different when dealing with an adult. I don't know if I can describe Ipy as an adult. Adults know what's right or wrong. Adults know what needs to be done. Adults learn from mistakes and don't do them anymore.

Ipy... What can I say about him? Sarah is so much smarter than him and she hasn't even gone to school yet! Ipy is just like another child, only not so innocent.

I just don't get it with him. He's a totally different person at work. He doesn't procrastinate as much and he doesn't annoy people as much.

But when he's home, why must he make me nag constantly so as to get some work done? I don't like to nag! But I'm forced to! It really irritates me to my bone to see him do things which he knows I hate.

Like a simple act of refilling the ice tray when you've used up all the ice. Or throwing away candy wrappers in the TRASH CAN, not under the rug or cushion! These are not difficult things to do, so why doesn't he do them?

I tell you why. He's plain lazy and spoilt rotten! Almost all his life, he has had somebody to clear his mess. And now, he expects me to it too??? Oh no I will not! I may be his wife, but I'm not his maid!


Are all husbands like this? Why? Why? Why? Whose fault is this? God! If I knew I was marrying into servitude, I would't get married in the first place!

By the way, Sarah is growing up so fast! I miss the days when she was just a tiny tot in my arms. Much, much smaller and much, much lighter.

Also, please donate to Red Cross to help the victims of the recent natural disasters is Indonesia, Philippines and Taiwan. It is the least we can do.

I am blessed to be living in a disaster-free zone.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS