modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Friday, August 28, 2009 @ 10:32 pm

Dear Blogger,

I felt very tired. I wanted to go to bed early tonight. As soon as I shut my eyes, some girls downstairs were laughing and screaming. This went off for over an hour. I was so tempted to call the neighbourhood police, but I figured it was still early to call them.

Last night, it was a bunch of drunkards who created a din downstairs. They went on and on with their loud jabbering till sunrise. Ipy went downstairs at about 5 a.m. to check them out. He said they were young and throwing up all over the place.

What's up with the youth of today??? They seem to be so self-centred. They don't seem to care about anything else but themselves. They are rude, disrespectful and glaringly misguidedly confident.

It's almost a week of Ramadan. Everywhere, I see supposedly Muslim kids blatantly munching away or smoking to their hearts content. Where's the respect? You don't see any of this a few years ago.

What has happened to this generation? Understandably, each generation has his fair share of bad behaviours. But I think this generation is the worse! Who should be responsible? Parents? Media? Parents blame the media but the media offers what is in demand!

I'm a mother of a 6 weeks old child and already I'm feeling the heat on how to raise her. Every day is a challenging day. The so-called parenting gurus don't help either. What is acceptable today may not be acceptable tomorrow.

I pray that my children will grow up to be responsible human beings.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS