modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, August 23, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

Dear Blogger,

The first day of fasting went well. I had to put up with Ipy's whining about not eating and drinking though. "I have headache dear." "I feel very weak dear." Sometimes I really wonder who's the baby at home.

The other thing that annoyed me was being asked why was I fasting since I was breastfeeding Sarah. I know pregnant and breastfeeding women are excused from fasting. Still, they have to "return" those missed fasts on other days when capable. Why would I want to do that? I'm capable now.

I've also realised how over-passionate breastfeeding activists or lactavists can be. Like almost all activists, they can be close-minded. They are so bent on getting others to believe what they believe that they've forgotten that the world is big enough to accomodate other beliefs.

I encourage breastfeeding for all the benefits it provides to both the baby and mother. But I also don't offend bottle-feeders. There's nothing wrong in bottle-feeding a baby with formula milk. Both have their benefits.

Lactavists can make their points or views known, but they should not belittle others who choose to bottle-feed. Now that I'm capable of fasting, please don't accuse me of neglecting my baby for my own selfish reasons. Since when is abiding to God's laws being selfish???

I'm lucky that Sarah is smart enough and not fussy over the type of milk she consumes. She likes both breast milk and formula milk. She has not suffered any nipple confusion. In fact, she's growing very well thank you!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS