modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

Dear Blogger,

It's only a few months away till delivery. Ipy and I has pretty much planned out what things the baby need. However, we still haven't sorted out what we should do after the baby is born.

It's for sure that I won't be able to do much tutoring later on. Not at least in the day. Hiring a domestic worker is out of the question because I won't be working full-time anyway. Getting family members to babysit during weekdays also seems like an impossibility. My mother is working and his dad is... well... not the babysitting kind.

We haven't decided to hire a confinement nanny because firstly, what does a confinement nanny do anyway? Secondly, is a confinement nanny really necessary? Ipy said a confinement nanny will be good to have around in the first month of delivery but he's concerned about the financial and logistic aspects.

As for me, I'm pretty blase about all these. My ancestors didn't require all these services and they've survived the first birth to keep on getting pregnant repeatedly! My mother isn't much help either. Her answers to Ipy's questions have been diplomatic to put it very nicely.

Of course it will be nice to have help around the house. Not that I'm complaining about the current load of household chores. God knows how it'll be with the baby around!

As a form of procrastination, I baked Old-fashioned Date Drop Cookies from the "Betty Crocker's Cookie Book" I've borrowed from the library. After chilling the dough for awhile, the cookies turned out like they should be, not flat and runny.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS