modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 @ 10:56 am

Dear Blogger,

Firstly, Happy Belated International Women's Day! According to Wikipedia, March 8 of every year is "a major day of global celebration for the economic, political and social achievements of women". What started as a political event has now in some countries, become somewhat of an occasion where men express their love to women.

I prefer what this day has become now. It's much better to celebrate women in our every form than just congratulate those who have achieved recognition or garnered awards for major contributions. I mean, just because the everyday woman is not an MP or hasn't won a Nobel Prize, it doesn't mean that she's invaluable.

Just like that Mediacorp commercial, without women, men would have to bear the pains of pregnancy. Without women too, the world would be a very dull place. So even if I didn't get any daisies last Sunday, I'm still proud to be a woman!

To celebrate my renewed pride in womanhood, I made a second attempt at baking cupcakes with royal icing. I saw Nigella made cupcakes in one of her cooking shows and it looked so easy! I found the recipe and damn it was really easy to make!

I can't post the recipe here because of copyright issues. So the recipe can be found at her website.


Nigella's cupcakes

What didn't come out perfect was the royal icing. Nigella made it looked so easy. So when mine turned out a little runny and took hours to harden, I searched for the answers online. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who has problems with royal icing. It's actually one of those things where practice makes perfect.

Nevertheless, my cupcakes turned out alright eventually. They're almost gone now but I'll miss those bright colours. There's just something about those bright colours that makes me feel bubbly.


My cupcakes

I wonder where I can buy those frosted flowers though...

This afternoon , Ipy and I will be at Raffles Hospital again for a special scan to check the baby's physical well-being. I know she's fine. She's very well-fed. Ipy calls her a tai-tai baby, what with the good quality food her mommy has been stuffing herself with.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS