modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009 @ 4:21 pm

Dear Blogger,

I am having a throbbing headache but I'm hesitating to drown another Panadol. I've been having this headache daily for the past week! And I've been taking Panadol as if it's candy!

Ipy is concerned about this headache. He has been suggesting that we should go consult our gynea. I said that there's nothing to worry about because headaches are one of the common symptoms of pregnancy, especially in the first trimester!

Ipy's concerned because his late mother developed migranes while pregnant with on of her children. I rarely suffer from headaches and I sure don't want to deal with migranes now. Still, I see no cause for serious concern.

There are several reasons why headaches occur during pregnancy. Firstly, hormone changes. Damn hormones! Many of the pregnancy symptoms are caused by hormones!

Secondly, any one of these culprits:
  • eating cold foods
  • added caffeine intake
  • sleeplessness
  • general fatigue
  • sinus congestion
  • allergies
  • eyestrain
  • stress
  • depression
  • hunger
  • dehydration
I've stopped taking caffeine ever since I found out I was pregnant, so that's not it. I do suffer slight insomnia at night but that's only because I've been sleeping most of the day. I don't think I'm depressed. Despite my loss of appetite, I make sure I'm not hungry nor dehydrated.

Hmm... Or maybe I'm just kidding myself. As I've mentioned before, my diet now is something to be desired. I can't help it! If the daddy is eating junk, how can I not eat junk too??? It's easy for him to say that I should eat more vegetables when he himself isn't touching any of the greens.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS