modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, January 19, 2009 @ 11:36 am

Dear Blogger,

Doesn't time just fly so fast? I wonder if it's a sign of getting older. When I was much, much younger, I remembered that it sure took a long time for me to become an adult.

Yesterday, Ipy and I went to Changi Beach Park because my sister wanted to "cure" her eczema. She's the only one in the family who has this skin problem. As usual, I didn't want to go anywhere. I just wanted to stay at home on a Sunday.

But the weather looked good and the wind wasn't too harsh. A little fresher air and walk wouldn't do any harm to the baby right?

I've not been to the beach in a very long time. The last I remembered of Changi Beach Park was its oil-covered waters and littered grounds. I guess the authorities had the beach cleaned up because the water looked clean and refreshing and there weren't any litter in sight, except for the odd cigarette butts here and there.



There were many families picnicking and tenting. There were also many off-duty foreign workers on social gatherings, but they were cool. They deserved to enjoy themselves anyway what with all they've done in the maintenance of our country.

The sun was good for sun-tanning, but with my bulging tummy, I was too embarrassed to show off some skin. Besides, I like my fair skin! We stayed in the shade most of the time, munching away on chips and crackers and mee hoon goreng.



By now, everyone knows that I'm expecting. They seemed genuinely excited. I try not to let that get to me. As long as everyone's clear of the border I've drawn, it's fine by me. It's really a juggling act balancing time and energy for both sides of families.

We ended our picnic by walking along the 2.2km boardwalk. We could only manage 280m of it. It was already high tide, so the view was great. Ipy advised that we shouldn't be at the beach at sun down. Especially for a pregnant woman. It's just something that he believed in.











Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS