modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, November 01, 2008 @ 12:01 am

Dear Blogger,

It's now 12:01 a.m. It's the first day of November 2008. It's also the last 28 days of my single hood. Wow! The next chapter of my life is really getting very close! I don't think I'm supposed to be breathing in short breaths right now.

What will I be writing in the new chapter? I don't know. Will it be a long or short chapter? I don't know. All I know is that it will be as interesting and adventurous as my other chapters.

Looking back (or reading back) at my eventful life, I don't regret doing any of them. Some of which I have forgotten (the faces of the men in my past are a blur to me). Some, still vivid as if they had happened only yesterday! If I was given the choice again, I would probably do them differently just to see what the outcome would be.

That is what life is about! Our lives may or may not have been mapped out by divine architects, but how we meet that end is the bigger question we should always keep in mind. Sometimes I think that I have made stupid choices and I dwell on it!

Then I get over them. I reflect on them every now and then because I think they make the best guides for my next destination. But never regret. That's one of my life's philosophies.

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination." Wise words from Don Williams Jr.

After 5 years of blogging, will it stop with this incoming new chapter? Definitely not! 5 years of opening myself up to the world and getting butchered in the process, is somewhat enlightening to me.

One way or the other, my gut-wrenching honesty of my colourful adventures has connected people, both positively and negatively. Which is wonderful! Only through communication will we able to change our world. I see that now.

Ipy understands that writing is therapeutic for me. And through this writing, he's able to get through me. Why I'm angry with him, he learns it here. Why I'm ecstatic, he learns it here. Why I behave in a certain way, he learns it here.

He knows that I am much more eloquent in writing than in person. He also knows that what I've done and immortalised in writing forms pieces of who I am right now. That he chose to be with me still, should no longer be doubted and questioned.

So am I ready to write a new chapter? All I can say is, it'll be interesting.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Jedi Master Yoda.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS