modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, November 15, 2008 @ 9:12 pm

Dear Blogger,

If Ipy and I really had a choice, we would have gotten married anywhere else but here. Just the two of us, with no one else involved. I'm beginning to think that this sounds like a very fine idea.

The bulk of the headache is not with the logistics. It's not with the processes and procedures. The bulk of the headache is in fact, our families' misunderstandings of the concept of our wedding! Our families' simply don't know what it means to have it small!

I'm still very peeved at my mother for going behind my back about the invitation cards. She had the nerve to call my future father-in-law and asking him for additional cards. She doesn't know that I know about it, and my father-in-law doesn't know that I know either.

We have made it very clear to our families that the number of invites are limited. We have no desire to invite the whole village! My mother has already invited some of her friends and colleagues, even though I explicitly told her that I want to invite only family members. I just let it slide.

But when she goes around our backs asking for more invitation cards, that just smacks of disrespect to us. If I had wanted the whole shebang, I would have opted for it from the very beginning. But neither Ipy nor I wanted it! Ipy was actually a little traumatised by his first experience!

Tomorrow, we've invited both sides of the family to meet at our wedding venue. We wanted to settle these nagging issues once and for all. Let them see for themselves why we can't invite the whole village.

Early this morning, Ipy dragged me to East Coast Park for a walk. He didn't say he wanted a stroll. So I walked. With my ankle weights. We walked for about an hour and about 4.5km. I would have kept on walking but Ipy looked like he was about to pass out.

I can't remember what I was thinking while walking. Maybe I wasn't thinking at all. Maybe I just wanted to stay home and play my computer game instead of walking along this crowded East Coast Park.

Oh yes. I'm addicted to "Puzzle Quests". I installed it a couple of days ago, and I've been playing it at an average of 5 hours daily. It's one of those games where you don't have to think of anything else other than the fantasy world you've been sucked into. This game has distracted me of a lot of things and I welcome the distraction.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS