modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, September 04, 2008 @ 11:36 pm

Dear Blogger,

Tonight, I was mistaken for an "ustazah" at terawih prayers. Isn't that funny? I've been mistaken for one twice already. The last time that happened was just last month! I know Ipy will have quite a laugh about it. He did the last time I told him about it.

I also know that he's miserable on the rig right now. What did he expect? Work is supposed to be miserable! Maybe at least to me! That's why I don't consider my income-generating activity as work. My students thought I was weird because I enjoy doing all those Maths problems. That was only because I don't see them as work.

Anyway, all that misery on board is comfortably compensated. From a management's point of view, I think that is a fair trade-off. Sometimes I wonder why I don't join the paper-chasing crowd and be in some form of management. Then again, why should I?

Maybe it's tough out there with all that testosterone in the middle of the sea. I always believed that a little estrogen would do wonders on that rig. Maybe it might actually get some work done! I hold Margaret Thatcher's quote close to my bosom.

"If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman".

Ipy believes that too. That's why he usually leaves things for me to do, like picking up his laundry or possibly setting up the storage shelving system. He knows very well that I hate procrastination. Why bother telling me of intentions to do something when nothing was done about it???

Got to rest my aching bones. Spent 2 hours standing in the kitchen, baking and cooking. I think Nigella's spirit has seeped into my soul. I made another banana concoction, a Banana Crumble Muffin recipe turned into a loaf cake.

I also made Baked Brown Rice with Broccoli. To some people, that sounds yucky. However, when you add lots of cheese topping to broccoli, it sorts of bring out the full flavours of this healthy but mostly hated vegetable.

I can't wait to try making pineapple tarts.

Note to self: Get out of the house early tomorrow to collect car. Why doesn't Performance Motors have a delivery service??? Will write that down in its suggestion form. Then, do another round of grocery shopping.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS