modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, September 01, 2008 @ 11:30 pm

Dear Blogger,

My first day of Ramadan has passed successfully. So has my terawih prayers. I've attended the prayers for 2 nights already. I can't believe it either.

The first night was tiring because the imam conducted 20 rakaat for the terawih. I didn't expect that. In the past terawih prayers I've attended, the imam had conducted less than that. Surprisingly tonight, I could do it all without stifling a yawn.

I had planned to cook minestrone soup all day. I've looked up some recipes online and chose the easiest of them all. I've also added personal touches here and there to this recipe. Basically, I added whatever I could find in the fridge. After all, hasn't minestrone soup been traditionally made with leftovers?


A decent-sized pot of home and freshly-made minestrone soup enough to feed 4 people

It turned out quite a delightful actually! Who knew something delicious could have come out from scraps? And who said I can't cook??? I just didn't bother to cook in the past because there was always someone to cook for me.

Earlier in the afternoon, I caused a dent in Ipy's car. Just a tiny dent, but a dent nevertheless. Most people would not be bothered about it, but it bothered me big time! Why do mall developers have to design car-damaging carparks??? And to think we pay exhorbitant amounts to park in their badly-designed lots!

My mind won't be at peace until I get the dent fixed. To do that, I've to go all the way to Alexandra early tomorrow morning. Here I thought I could spend a quiet, lazy morning tomorrow. I guess no such luck.

I haven't had any "me" time for quite awhile. There was always something to do, whether I like to do them or not! I think I need to "shut down" my system for a few days. A few weeks, if possible. I can't wait for the honeymoon. Hopefully it'll be a chance for me to wind down and forget about the present.

I've recce the bazaars at Geylang Serai on Sunday afternoon. Even though 80% of the stalls have not been set up or in the midst of setting up, the crowds were already present. Mostly browsers of course. The shoppers were at Joo Chiat Complex, Tanjong Katong Complex and First Lady at City Plaza.

I guess they wanted to spend their last month's salary on new clothes first before it's used up for other stuff. I bought myself 3 long dresses which I could wear when I go for the terawih prayers.

Anyway, looking at the state of the bazaar, I think this year it'll be a flop. Already I've read that not all the stalls were taken up. What did the organisers expect when rentals were increased from previous years and consumer trend shows a decline in spending???

I mean, how many curtains or carpets do I need in a year? I guess I need carpets this year but I don't think I'll go and buy more next year. Same goes for curtains.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS