modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, September 06, 2008 @ 11:21 pm

Dear Blogger,

Ever since the start of the fasting month, there has not been one day which I lament of boredom. There is always something to do!

There is tuition which takes up half of my day in most of the week. There is also cooking and baking, which I do almost daily nowadays. Then, there is the terawih prayers which take up my nights! At the end of the day, I don't have any problems hitting the Zs.

I wish I could do more though. Like sewing. I would like to be able to sew a clothing. Obviously partially inspired from watching "Project Runway". By the way, my fave was Christian Siriano. He is so talented! And fierce! In a bitchy way of course.

I wish I could have him as my best friend. We share the same taste in eyewear! How could we not be best friends?! I would advise him to lay off on the hairspray a little though.

Anyway, the last time I actually sewed was in Secondary 2 Home Economics (HomeEc) class. I sewed a skirt, which was wearable till my waistline grew out of it. Why aren't girls not required to do HomEc anymore???

I used to hate HomEc. I never liked my HomEc teacher. She was one of those prim and proper old bird. In an age when I wanted to be equal to the boys, cooking and sewing seemed like slavery for the modern girl. I openly envied the boys in the technical workshop. Imagine what I could have become if I was given the choice!

In case people think that I'm domesticated now because I'm getting married, they are so wrong! I do them because I like to and I want to and I think it's cool that I have the freedom to do them now.

I used to think that being a career woman was the ultimate social symbol of success. It's having the freedom to pursue anything you want and be happy about it, is the symbol of success! Maybe I'm destined for tai-tai-dom.


Fried chicken turned into...


Sweet and sour chicken!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS