modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 @ 11:11 pm

Dear Blogger,

The new Batman movie, "Dark Knight" was literally daaarrkkk! It's intense and violent and quite a trip! Ipy and I managed to catch it this morning, and even though it has already been almost 4 weeks since its release, the movie is still packing in crowds.



I suspect the attraction is partially due to Heath Ledger's untimely death. His interpretation of "The Joker" was undoubtedly his finest so far. I never thought that anybody could replace Jack Nicholson as "The Joker", but Heath Ledger brought Batman's worthy nemesis into a whole new level!


The late Heath Ledger as "The Joker"

Ipy and I thought that Heath's "The Joker" was as sinister as Satan himself. He was more disturbing than that maniac from the "Saw" series! Heath's performance had easily overshadowed the Batman. In fact, the whole cast had performed very well within his or her own capacity!

From Christian Bale's tortured "Batman", to Maggie Gyllenhaal firm "Rachel Dawes". From Gary Oldman's virtuous "James Gordon" to Aaron Eckhart's passionate morals-believing "Harvey Dent". Everyone acted very well.


The very handsome Christian Bale as "Bruce Wayne/Batman"


Maggie Gyllenhaal as "Rachel Dawes" and Aaron Eckhart as "Harvey Dent"


Gary Oldman as "Commissioner Gordon"

My favourite character of them all is the witty "Alfred", played by the Cockney-spouting Michael Caine. I've a thing for witty and funny guys, especially one with a British accent.


The classy Michael Caine as "Alfred"

We also collected our wedding shoot CD from D'Glamz. We have to choose twelve of our best pictures for our album and one to be displayed on the pedestal at our dinner reception.

Overall, we thought the photos looked great. We did gripe about our body shape, but that was something we could only blame ourselves. Admittedly, I have gained a few pounds since early this year and it showed. I haven't been as active as I used to be.

Still, I felt fine about it. I'm not obese. I'm just genetically bigger built than the average Singaporean female. I guess that aspect of me was from my Malay side of the family. Obviously, I should lose a little weight for health purposes, something which Ipy and I are working on together.


Ipy calls this my "tai tai" look. I am a soon-to-be "tai tai" anyway!


Handsome Ipy as the "hero Hindustan". I think he spent way too long in India already.


The bride and groom-to-be in classic white. I lurrrrve the veil and train!

On another note, I'm proud to see Em featured in this week's "Manja" edition. It was something about young people's achievements. I think. I see that her Beading and Beyond business is taking off very well.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS