modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 @ 8:57 pm

Dear Blogger,

The social dance class was awesome! Tonight was the first lesson, and we started off with Cha Cha Cha. That will be the dance for the next 6 weeks, followed by Rock and Roll. I learned the steps very fast, but as soon as the music came on, I could have sworn I was born with two left feet!

Just like any lessons, the only way to get through this dance class is to relax and enjoy it. Who cares if I miss a step??? I'm Cha Cha Cha-ing to "Guantanamera"! And I can shake my boobs and sway my hips as freely as I want! It's essential in Latin dances!

Although, at moments, I wished I had a familiar dance partner. The auntie who partnered me was alright. She just couldn't converse well in English. There were only two male participants in the class, and both came with their spouses.

I think I need to get dancing shoes too! My feet are aching after one hour of practising dance steps in these flats! I'm dying to get those sexy ballroom dancing shoes. I heard they cost quite a bomb!

I can't wait for the next lesson! According to my food journal, I burnt at least 250 calories just in that one hour of dancing! That's enough motivation to keep on dancing!

Dancing With The Stars

Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff doing the Cha Cha Cha

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS