modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, June 22, 2008 @ 7:06 pm

Dear Blogger,

I am very proud to say that finally, I get to donate blood. Finally! My last two attempts were not successful for some medical or administrative issue. But this time round, I was successful! As the saying goes, "Third time is a charm".



The process was efficient. From registration to the resting chair barely took 30 minutes. Was a bit disappointed really. I thought it would have taken much longer. Didn't even have time to doze off.

The blood transfusion did not hurt at all, even when the staff inserted the needle into my vein. Then again, sometimes I cannot believe how pain tolerant I am. Maybe I am just a needle junkie at heart.


Believe me. This did not hurt at all! The blood flow was cool though

I wanted to give more blood, but I was told that I had donated more than enough blood. The biggest bag in fact! I felt fine. In fact, I had never felt better! The donor next to me had hypertension or something. She almost passed out! She was really pale and skinny.

I think everyone should donate his blood once in his lifetime. It doesn't hurt, and it doesn't cost a dime. I don't know how much my contribution will actually "save lives", but I would like to think that it does. Too bad I can't do this again till September. Some health law or something.

I had also met a running enthusiast who had a running group going on. Unfortunately, I couldn't join the group because of a conflict of schedule. It would be fantastic if I could join them. More motivation for me to stick to my health and fitness programme.

The surprise of the day was when Ipy's father dropped by for a visit. My parents were out at the moment. I was totally caught off guard by then. But the thing with Ipy's father is that, he is easy to entertain. I don't have to try hard, which was good for me!

He came by to deliver some dates and "zam zam" water from his umrah trip. That was odd. Shouldn't I be the one visiting him? I don't know what Ipy had told him. I didn't know how to tell him that Ipy and I are on a "break" right now.


Hilarious video of Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr grooving with Gladys Knight. RDJ is so hot!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS