modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Monday, June 02, 2008 @ 2:29 pm

Dear Blogger,

I am feeling a little overwhelmed by past and future events. I didn't get much sleep last night. I held Ipy hostage in the car till 3 in the morning. We just talked.

I told him once and for all that I didn't want a wedding. I told him that this wedding was nothing but a burden to me. Not just financially. Emotionally. The nearer our nuptials get, the more drama there is at home.

Nobody at home talks about it, but their silence hangs like a thick cloud of suffocating smoke over our heads. I don't know what they want from me, especially Mother. One minute she wants me out of the house. The next minute she blackmails me emotionally for wanting to leave. It is both sad and sick.

I really want to get out. I don't want to be eternally trapped in this emotional sandpit. I have long accepted her bias towards her sons. However, I am drawing the line after having to clean up their mess once too many. I am not Wonder Woman as Ipy had called me.

Earlier in the day, I was already suffocating in a sea of Malay-Muslim families at Changi Airport Terminal 1. I think, only the Malays would come out in droves to see off one of their members on an umrah trip. Nothing wrong with that.

It is only wrong when second, third and forth cousins turn up and obstruct the authorities' work to administer a smooth embarkation process. We all wish our family and friends safe journey. Still, one doesn't have to be zealous about it.

Ipy and I were there because his father was going on an umrah, for the umpteenth time I believe. It was the first time I have met his siblings, in-laws, nephew and nieces all at once. Naturally, I couldn't warm up to any of them instantly. It took $18 worth of chocolates bought for the kids, to do just that.


Ipy at the airport. I convinced Ipy to dress more presentably. He was going to wear bermudas!

Two and half hours later and with growling stomachs, Ipy and I headed to Sakae Sushi at Marina Square for a late lunch. Why went to town on a Sunday was beyond me. I hate crowds! I guess, we have avoided going downtown for so long that we were curious to see if anything has changed there. Nothing has changed.


Ipy and I at Marina Square


Ipy with a soya bean pod. These pods were very addictive!

We headed back to the east to catch "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". The movie was nostalgic (I grew up on the series!), even though the storyline was bordering on ridiculous at the end. Indiana Jones had gone X-Files!


Ipy with his double espresso at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Downtown East

We had BBQ chicken wings at East Coast Park for supper. I was already full by then, but I went along because I didn't want to go home so early. One could say that I was avoiding going home. I couldn't even run to our new home because of the renovations going on.

Nowhere to run.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS