modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, May 01, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

Dear Blogger,

It's the Labour Day holiday, yet, I'm exhausted. I still have tuition in the morning. Parents are really not giving their children any break when it comes to their education.

Somehow, I don't remember studying or being forced to study this hard when I was their age. Then again, I don't remember much about my childhood, other than living and breathing textbooks and assessment books.

I had lunch with a former colleague in town. I really hate to go to town on public holidays and weekends! But my ex-colleague had graciously asked me out for lunch. I think she missed me.

It wasn't like my social life was happening either. I haven't hung out with friends for as long as I can remember. Not that any of them cared. These things work both ways and it seems so unfair that I've to make the first move and get rejected often.

We tried this new eatery tucked in a little corner on the 3rd floor of Lucky Plaza. It was called "Java Kitchen". It supposedly served authentic Jakarta cuisine. Not that we would know the difference.



Considering that the restaurant (if one could call it that) looked like one of the many road-side eatery in Jakarta (i.e. bare minimum decor), the food isn't actually that cheap.

We ordered ayam cobek (some special Indonesian fried chicken), gado-gado siram (mixed vegetables with gravy) and sop buntut (oxtail soup). Those 3 dishes took us back close to $30!


Java Kitchen's menus

At this rate, I'd rather dine at the other more famous Indonesian restaurant on the 1st floor (next to Lucky Prata). Its service, ambiance and food are definitely better!

In the evening, I walked to the new house to collect the final set of keys from the former owner. The appointment was at 7.30 p.m., but I had to wait 15 minutes for both the owner and agent. I hate to wait! And I was drenched in perspiration!

The house looked so empty and may I say, sad. It's a family house, so with no family living there anymore, it just felt sad. I also realised that there would be more work to be done than what I had expected.

In other words, more things needed to be replaced. In other, other words, more money needed to be spent!

I think we definitely have to take up a renovation loan. I still don't think it's a good idea. But looking at the state of the empty house, even with a basic set of renovations, a loan is inevitable.

This is what's tiring me out! My brain is overloaded with information and issues! How come I'm doing this alone??? Where's my supposed partner??? HELP!!!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS