modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, April 27, 2008 @ 6:50 pm

Dear Blogger,

I know I've been neglecting my blogs. It's just that, I've been so busy! It's giving me a nervous breakdown! Tuition is crazy! But that's to be expected since the mid-year exams are just round the corner. Everything else was insane!


Taking a quick pose before meeting a mad schedule of tutoring

Somebody said, if you look, you'll feel good. Well... it worked for only a few hours. That's why I'm making myself more disciplined to sleep by 11 p.m. every night.

On Friday, brought a friend from KL to the Underwater World at Sentosa. It wasn't planned for. Normally, I'd take a visitor to lunch or dinner. But this guy didn't even want to eat! Not even shopping! So what else was I supposed to do?


Freaky faces these sharks have, don't they?


More sharks. I'm beginning to think that they are quite lazy creatures!


Which one's real? The shark or the Japanese Giant Crab? (The crab)


I was told the fish on the left was a garoupa. The stingrays were in the touch pool, but after what happened to Steve Irwin, I didn't want to take the chance.


Electrifying and graceful jellyfishes


Masters of disguise, the sea dragons on the left and Nemo on the right (it's actually an anemone fish)


The largest freshwater fish in the world, the Arapaima, can grow to 3m and weigh 200kg!


I don't know what fish this was, but what it did was laid on the sea bed and keep its mouth open for hours and hours!

I actually wanted to get to Sentosa by cable car from Mount Faber. Strangely, the Jewel Box doesn't have public parking within its vicinity! So, we settled for a cable car ride from Sentosa at Imbiah Lookout to Harbourfront Tower.

Cable Car Ride from Imbiah Lookout



View of the deck of some cruise ship that is NOT the Star Aquarius



This is the Star Aquarius!

The next day, after tuition in the morning, I made my way to Larkin, JB. Yes. I. As in "no-one-cares-enough-about-me-so-I've-to-go-on-my-own" I. At this stage, it didn't matter anymore.


The traffic jam at Woodlands

2 hours just to get my passport stamped! Was Mas Selamat to blame? Nahh... I think Wong Kan Seng was just out to extort more money from the tax-payers. I'm surprised pragmatic and money-conscious Singaporeans have not made a ruckus on who's footing the bill for this "manhunt" yet.

This whole thing's starting to look like the search for "nuclear arms" in Iraq! The conspiracy stench gets stronger by the day.


Me waiting patiently in Ipy's expensive tin can

Pink - Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)




I'm getting as confused as Pink in her song above, about this relationship and wedding and marriage. Do I really want to take the plunge with someone who's barely around? So what if he earns big bucks! Money can't buy me love. Nor happiness for that matter (in the ethereal sense, anyway).

It just seems unfair to me that he goes away for a month, and only stays here for a couple of weeks. He kept saying he didn't have a choice. Everyone has a choice! He chose work over me. Besides, he was doing fine before he met me. So he'll be fine without me now.

Top 5 favourite things:
  1. Starbucks Frappuccino Light Blended
  2. Ipy calling me when he wakes up
  3. Ipy calling me when he goes to bed
  4. Grocery shopping
  5. Milk in the morning
Top 5 hated things:
  1. Ipy not coming home like he said he would
  2. Ipy procrastinating
  3. Ipy messing things up for me
  4. Ipy forcing me to do his chores
  5. Inconsiderate idiots in public places
Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS