modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 @ 11:40 pm

Dear Blogger,

We still have a terrorist on the loose. I'm always amazed at how pragmatic Singaporeans are. The "Toilet Break" scandal was hot news for 2-3 days, and then we're back to economics. I think the inevitable US recession is bigger news now.

The way I see it, terrorism is just the big brother version of a bully. A bully wants nothing but attention. So, the less attention we pay to these bullies, the more they realise how silly they are to pull off these childish stunts. Die in the name of God, my foot!

Back to more pressing personal issues. I still haven't confirmed my wedding outfit (yes, outfit, not outfits!). I've promised Ipy to settle it by April though. I've more or less settled on my choice. This was only because I was too lazy to source for more.

I would love to wear my own designer outfit, but it's too much of a hassle. I really don't feel fabulous wearing outfits that have already been worn by other brides. I'm only compromising because I just want to get over this damn thing!

You know I'm not really thrilled about this wedding. It's just too much of a bourgeois chore! For all that, my secret desire is to have a fairy tale wedding. Princess gowns and tiaras and all the works. I was mentally fed on Cinderella and Snow White after all! Blame Walt Disney? Perhaps.


So divine!

It's just not practical to have that here. Furthermore, it'll look weird! I know I won't look freakish. I meant the whole proceedings will look bizarre! It's just not in our culture.

I'll wait for Ipy to come home. I won't be able to proceed anyway, because he's signing the cheques. Get this over and done with, and we're settled to move on to a bigger project; decorating our palace!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS