modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, February 14, 2008 @ 11:17 pm

Dear Blogger,

What was it about today that brought highs to a group of people and lows to another? For me, it was both. I should have known better that the high was only for a brief moment and that the low would haunt me for much, much longer.

He came home last night, surprised my absent self with Valentine's Day roses and off he flies again tomorrow morning. Barely had time for me at all! An unforgivable sin in my books.

What else could I say? I am so, so tired of this argument. I had believed that we had made an agreement before. I guess it didn't mean that much to him as it did to me. The one promise I wanted him to keep, and he couldn't keep it.

My faith in this impending marriage is on thin ice. I don't know if he realises it or not. Even this engagement ring has become loose! It threatens to drop off from my finger every day now.

I choked back tears in the middle of a town I'm not familiar at all. Once again, I had to pretend to be strong. I had to pretend that I didn't need anybody. It was all a facade.

The roses doesn't mean anything. The ring doesn't mean. Everything about him, about us, doesn't mean anything anymore. It was like, I've just woken up, and I realised that all that has happened was just a sick dream.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS