modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 @ 9:22 am

Dear Blogger,

I woke up later than usual, because I had two disturbing dreams, which, I couldn't help thinking that there was a relation between them. The first dream had me in some standoff between monsters, pirates and the police in full battle gear. Don't ask me to explain. It was a dream after all.

In that dream, guess who showed up? Din, on his bike, ostensibly trying to rescue me! Or so I had thought. He brought me to some place, and we ended up sleeping in the same bed together. Just sleeping! No sex. No foreplay. Just sleeping in the same bed!

But I knew what he was thinking, and I knew what I was thinking. Our minds had the same intention. Should we or shouldn't we?! That contemplation woke me up briefly.

The other dream had no monsters nor pirates nor police. I was at some sort of a friend's luncheon. Ipy's sister was there! How peculiar! Then, out of nowhere, Din appeared and everyone greeted him like there was never any bitter history between us! That wasn't all. Idris barged in too! Whoa!!!

But I didn't care much about Idris. Din was there! In my dream! Again! On the same night! I know all of these are just dreams (or nightmares), but aren't dreams supposed to be reflections of your subconsciousness? What was even exasperating was that, in those dreams, I yearned to make out with him! Distressing thought indeed!

So here are my rationalisations. Maybe Din was in my dreams because Ipy's away so often. I haven't met Din in person. Yet the thought of him being always physically present here on this island, as compared to Ipy who is usually on some foreign land, was comforting in a perverted sense.

Moreover, I haven't had sex in awhile. With Ipy usually elsewhere, I've been inflicted into celibacy. I supposed my basic carnal needs have not been addressed. Perhaps, without consciously acknowledging it, I'm feeling deprived!

WHAT DO SEXUAL DREAMS MEAN?
An extract from 'Fantasy Dreaming' by Craig Hamilton-Parker

According to Freud, all dream activities relate in some way to sex. Most people would consider this an extreme point of view, but it is true that sexual imagery is a vital part of dream content. Dreams have a lot to teach you about your sexual nature, your fears, and your anxieties.

Dreams are a rich source of fantasy and can be a way to deal with unfulfilled desires from waking life. Also, as dreams are messages from the subconscious mind, they can reveal our deep feelings and our true motivations. In particular, they can bring to light many repressed sexual desires, our guilty feelings or our unexpressed fears about sex.

If a person has a high degree of repression, the person's fears and anxieties may be expressed through their dreams. Similarly the person's desire for greater fulfillment may be expressed in erotic dreams. If the sexual repression is severe, the dreams may be filled with sexual situations that the person would find shocking, embarrassing, or confusing.

In such cases, there is often a big difference between the person's waking sexuality and the sexuality displayed in dreams. The person's day-to-day life may be emotionally sterile and sensually barren, but the dream life is full of eroticism and steamy sexual encounters. By paying attention to your dreams you can learn about your needs and desires and perhaps cover ways to make your life more sensual if necessary.

Your sexual dreams may also reveal things about the way you feel about your relationships and your shared sexual behavior. As was explained in the section about Freud, dreams can sometimes disguise sexual subjects and wrap the naked truth in all manner of symbolism. Explicit sexual images may appear in dreams.

For example, should you dream of having sex with a member of your family or someone completely inappropriate, it does not necessarily mean that you have a mixed-up sexuality. Psychologists point out that this type of dream can be a symbolic message about your relationship with these people. You may worry that you have these illicit feelings, but dreams of this nature are comparatively common. There's no need to panic. Don't read too much into them.

Erotic dreams usually occur at times when you need a certain amount of release from tension. They are a safety valve that lets out your pent-up frustrations and unfulfilled sex. People who have balanced and happy sex lives in their waking life do not, as a general rule, dream about sex.

As far as we know, the primary functions of dreams are to maintain sleep and prevent the brain from emotionally overheating. Dreams therefore, are often concerned with resolving problems and restoring emotional equilibrium.

If sexual issues are important to you or have been pushed out of your waking consciousness, your dreams will try to deal with these unresolved issues. Even nightmares can be therapeutic, as they draw to your attention many of the hidden fears that may be preventing you from moving forward. Pay attention to your dreams and nightmares; they may hold the keys to your happiness.



Maybe I should extort Ipy for a shopping fund! That will help to distract me of such unconsummated primitive privations. On a side note, Tangs is having a sale today and tomorrow. Unfortunately, my paltry spending budget doesn't allow me to join in the fun.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS