modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 @ 12:59 pm

Dear Blogger,

I love weekdays now, because I've the time and serenity to pursue anything I want on weekdays. Even doing household chores feel like a delight without anybody around telling me what to do!

I do my chores and prepare tuition assignments in the morning, while my afternoons and evenings are taken up with the tutoring itself. And because I've been training my body and brain to wake up at 5 in the morning since the start of the new year, I've the time to read the Quran (I'm on chapter 3: "Women", already!) and fulfill some missed prayers.

All this is fine and dandy when Ipy's not around. I'm not sure if I can maintain this discipline when he's back though. He has a way of breaking down my discipline when he's around. Late night suppers... Late bedtime... Desserts, desserts, desserts... How can I not feel fat???

But I've made a promise to myself to get him more involved in the healthy lifestyle. By hook or by crook, I'll make him lose about 10kg of that fat before the wedding. Even if that means I've to resort to emotional blackmail!

He just told me that he might be coming home sooner than expected. That's great! But (there's always a but) I won't let that get into my head. I know I'll be disappointed if I do.


Killing time at East Coast Park yesterday morning before sending the car for servicing at Kampung Arang Road

I'm going to collect the car this afternoon. Hopefully they've washed and polished it. The car is in bad need of a washing. I don't know what I'll do with it today though. There are just so many possibilities, but with the increasing price of petrol... many of those possibilities have to be reconsidered.


Peanut butter and honey cornflakes cups

I made these during lunch today, because I kept seeing that unopened box of cornflakes on the table for a few months already! Made these with loving creativity and culinary intelligence, i.e. without any recipe to refer to.

A tad too sweet for my taste though, but I'm sure anyone with a sweet tooth will devour it. Note to self: Reduce amount of honey used when making this next time!

Peanut Butter and Honey Cornflake Cups recipe:

2 tablespoons of honey
(reduce if you're diabetic or don't like sweet that much)

2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
(can use creamy if preferred)

3 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
(optional)

2 cups of cornflakes

Mix the honey and peanut butter on low-heat.
Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 1 minute.
Microwave the dessicated coconut on HIGH for 1 minute.
Mix everything together in a bowl.
Microwave the mixture again on HIGH for 1 minute.
Spoon small balls into paper cups.
(Note: Refrain from licking from the spoon!)

Serve warm or chilled.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS