modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 @ 11:05 pm

Dear Blogger,

Without realising it, I've become more involved in this tuition gig than I had ever planned before. It started out as a mean to earn extra allowances 10 years ago. But now, the thought of doing this full-time does not seem preposterous.

I was running between tuition lessons with only 30 minutes in between today! It wasn't my students' fault. I had misinterpreted my schedule for the day. Yes, it was brain-draining, but you know what? I reveled in it! I get to participate in a child's educational development without the politics of an MOE teacher. The best part of it all, I have control of my time!

Sure I don't get to enjoy the year-end bonuses or the promotion perks or even CPF contributions. Those don't bother me anymore. I have changed, and I've only recently been aware of it! It's such a weird feeling. It's like... a revelation of sorts.

I'm content with the way things are. Yet, I'm expected to be a somebody. Somebody who slaves in the office cubicle. Somebody who earns big bucks. But I'm happy now! Doesn't that matter more?

The Universe told me that for every fork in the road, there are often two paths to choose from... the one you "should" take and the one you "want" to take. Take the second. Always take the second.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS