modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 @ 11:26 pm

Dear Blogger,

Ipy and I spent a day shopping at City Square JB just because we didn't have any other things to do. He's on his last few days here before he flies off for another job. Much of the outstanding tasks have been settled. So what better way to slack than to abuse our strong currency in our neighbouring country?

Actually, we didn't spend much. We bought what we wanted. We had to keep reminding ourselves not to spend unnecessarily. At our age, I think we should spend just enough to keep ourselves happy.

Over our very late lunch, Ipy and I talked about our impending "official" engagement. As far as I'm concerned, he's already my fiance. If both our parents had thought that this engagement was supposed to be like some conventional ceremony, I wouldn't hesitate at all to cancel it.

At first, I wanted this engagement as a way to get our families together and for us to formally announce our intention of a union. Us meaning me and Ipy. But since both parties know that we're getting married anyway, so why bother??? Of course, my not-so-obvious agenda is to show off my uber-beautiful diamond ring to everyone.

Tradition can take a back seat. I have no intention of letting our parents run the show when this is supposed to be our event! If Ipy can't be present to slip the ring onto my finger, then I'll have none of this nonsense. There is no way I'm going to be banished into my room and pretend to be some shy virgin!

No exchanges of gifts. No congregation of prayers. No sending out invites. Some women live for this, but I don't. I'll be even more upset if money, time and energy is wasted on some impractical, out-of-date rituals! All of this can be well-spent on our future instead. That's enough for me.

If they're shocked about the no-engagement ceremony thing, wait till they hear how our wedding will be like. It's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of wedding.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS