modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Thursday, November 08, 2007 @ 7:54 am

Dear Blogger,

I found this article at AsiaOne.com: Only A Big Diamond Ring Is Forever, and it sorted of clarified why I insisted on a Tiffany diamond engagement ring or nothing at all.

"As J, a straight-talking married girl friend of mine told me over dinner last week: 'Marriage is about commitment and all that boring stuff. Engagement is about The Ring.'

She said, sagely, that sporting a diamond engagement ring - a decent-sized one, of course - symbolised the one point in a woman's life where she could bask in the frivolity of love; in the knowledge that her man - bless his wallet - had blown a decent proportion of his hard-earned savings to win her over.

To add to the euphoria of the moment, a woman with The Ring often becomes an object of envy among her single friends, which then leads to feelings of smug superiority."

I don't know how many women out there share this sentiment. There should be plenty, otherwise DeBeers would be out of business! My sister just told me that a $6,000 over diamond ring is too cheap because that was what she learned in Science class.


My sister tucking into her Taco


Fats and calorie-heavy crispy chicken and chili pepper meltz from KFC

After almost 3/4 of the day heating the sofa with my buttocks in front of the TV (I was crocheting a table runner too!), I got up, got dressed and headed to Millenia Walk to satisfy my chocolate cravings. The chocolates at Candy Empire were only slightly better than the regular Cadbury's and Hersheys. What made it so much fun to buy chocolates at Candy Empire was the bright and colourful wrappers of the pick and mix chocolates!


Chocolates and gummies from Candy Empire

You can't help but be like a child again. Sometimes, as an adult, we need to think and behave like a child. Children don't think too much nor too deep. They just do! And when they do think, they wonder. They let their imaginations run wild and free. We set up too much red-tapes for ourselves as adults, and then we wonder why we're so stressed most of the time.

This song came to me when I was feeling the angriest and the most confused with Ipy. I am still upset with him, but whenever this song comes on, I couldn't help but remember the good times we had together. I still can't believe it took him all this time to come forward!

I miss him. But I won't tell him that.


Melee - Built To Last

I've looked for love in stranger places
but never found someone like you.
Someone whose smile
makes me feel I've been holding back
and now there's nothing I can't do.

Cause this is real, and this is good.
It warms the inside just like it should.
But most of all
most of all, it's built to last.
It's built to last.

All of our friends
saw from the start.
So why didn't we believe it too?
Now look, where we are.
You're in my heart now
and there's no escaping it for you.

Cause this is real, and this is good.
It warms the inside just like it should.
But most of all
most of all, it's built to last.

Walking on the hills at night
with those fireworks and candlelight.
You and I were made to get love right.

Cause this is real, and this is good.
It warms the inside just like it should.
But most of all
most of all, it's built to last.

Cause you are the sun in my universe.
Consider the best when we felt the worst
And most of all, most of all
most of all, most of all,
most of all, most of all,
it's built to last.

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS