modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 @ 11:27 pm

Dear Blogger,

Ipy is finally home after several delays at work. I'm glad he's back because things can finally move a little. I've done what I could on my own already. I really hope we can be more productive this time round.

We finally picked up the ring at Tiffany & Co. I had resisted the temptation to collect it myself because seriously, where is the fun in that??? I was a little disappointed though that he didn't drop to one knee and presented the ring to me there at Tiffany's.

I shouldn't really expect too much from a Malay boy. But a little romantic gesture won't kill anyone. Flowers to brighten up my day once in a while maybe? Or build a personal bear so I can cuddle it every night when he's away? They don't cost too much or take too much effort. A simple love letter is very much treasured too!

So I've come to the conclusion that Malay men in general are lazy. They do work hard to get the money but when it comes to the intangibles, they're hopeless and even more clueless. Despite what many women say, we still love surprises. It's not so much the gifts that were given. It's really the thought that men had bothered to come up with the surprises that really warms our hearts to them!

Anyway, the ring was beautiful. It was even more beautiful on my finger. It felt magical on my skin. I didn't want to take it off! But I had to. It had to go into it's trademark blue/turqoise box and bounded delicately with the satin ribbon. I wasn't even allowed to take a picture of the ring!


I snapped this picture while Ipy went to buy drinks

Sigh... January seems so far away...


StarCruise Virgo at Harbourfront

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS