modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007 @ 1:49 pm

Dear Blogger,

After watching Martha Stewart, Floyd and Jamie Oliver cooking up gastronomical delights on TV this afternoon, I'm going to drag Ipy for a feast out in town when he returns. Not so much for the company. More as a control against me overeating. Especially with the desserts.

Martha showed off mouth-watering cupcakes and immediately I wanted to bite into one. I'm not a big fan of cupcakes because the ones I've tried were boring and awfully sweet! It's really sad that I don't have a sweet tooth. I don't know if it's innate or psychology, what with my dad's diabetes and all.


Buttercream in Bloom cupcake from MarthaStewart.com

I do like chocolates though, and strawberries! Strawberries more in fact! And of course a good, full-flavoured ice-cream. Haagen Dazs... Mmm... A single scoop of simple Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream wipes out all the unsatisfactory sex I have the misfortune to encounter.

Unlike me, Ipy has a sweet tooth. When we dine out, I've a feeling that he's holding back on his appetite. I don't know if he was being considerate or embarrassed. As much as I would love to enjoy swallowing every delicacy I see, I know I'm just going to punish myself afterwards if I do. Haven't shoved my head into the toilet bowl for quite a while. So that's good I guess.


Manhattan Mango Cake from n.y.d.c. Cafe & Restaurant
(worth every lick off the spoon!)


Besides, Ipy is a closet MCP. I don't think he realised that wanting his wife to always look good and slim is no longer funny. In fact, it's hurtful and demeaning. I don't see him making any effort to reduce that beer belly of his. Sure he keeps saying he'll go running or walking. My question is, when?

Don't I deserve to be seen with a well-dressed, healthy-bodied man? Of course I'd rather drop dead first than to ever go out looking sloppy, but how would he feel if I didn't give a damn to how I look? I'm not asking him to look like David Beckham. God forbid I'll look like that wife of his! She looks more and more like a mannequin than a human! No wonder David's out gallivanting with real women. And he should!

I know all these sound so shallow. Still, I believe I deserve it! It's not too much to ask, is it?

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS