modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Saturday, September 01, 2007 @ 9:28 pm

Dear Blogger,

I've been busy researching about weddings, just so that I could kill my time productively while he's away. I've been reading books on wedding planning. I've even borrowed those Malay wedding magazines that soon-to-be brides love to browse!

Not that these magazines have much useful content to educate. They're more fashion spreads than informational! And these outfits are not cheap! Do women really become extravagant in weddings? I shall NOT be suckered into such behaviour!

How come there are no books on how to manage expectations of the mother of the bride??? I disagree that every mother wants her daughter married off in a grand wedding. What are we? Some meat to be displayed at an auction block??? That is just so revolting!

The last thing I want is to start off this marriage with debts. The second last thing I want is for Ipy to work out of this country so often just so that he could pay for this wedding. I want it small and simple! Why can't anybody that matters understand that? Why can't these same people support me on that?

God forbid that I'm asking them for any money! It's no joke that money is the root of all evil. And it's really no joke that money is thicker than blood. No disrespect to mother dearest, but I'll cry at my party if I want to!

Sincerely,
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS