modgurl's
blog*spot
posts are personal. open-mindedness is essential.
who am i

Name: modgurl
Location: Singapore

New mom. New woman. Born in Singapore. Raised in the World Wide Web.
Sunday, September 30, 2007 @ 11:29 pm

Dear Blogger,

I don't like funerals, but I had to attend one today for the stupid reason that I couldn't wiggle my way out of it. I don't even know the deceased, except that he's my manager's 91-year-old father-in-law. No disrespect to any dead person. I show my grievances in a different manner that's all.

I'm exhausted! My back is acting up again. I could feel the pain from my neck right down to my kidneys. Practically worked full shift today! All because we were "moving house". After that, I had to attend this dreaded funeral. Why I just didn't decline the invitation is something I'm still figuring out.

Because of that, I broke my fast at Al-Falah Mosque. Even though this is the second time I've broken my fast there, it was still not a comfortable feeling. Most likely because of my more moderate, modern Muslim dressing. I was from work remember? Either that, or I was just too beautiful. I'd like to think that it was the latter.

But I still prefer this mosque than any other mosque in Singapore. It's much more tolerant towards the modern Muslim women. Well, that's the perception I get anyway. It doesn't bother me at all. I come with good, sincere intentions and no mere mortal's judgement can break my soul.

Sincerely.
modgurl.

back to top

latest post  ::  newer post  ::  older post
archives

recent posts

LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS